Lavender Vanilla Latte
- Espresso Machine
- or French Press
- or Drip
- or Keurig
- 1 cup strong coffee, single or double espresso shot
- 1 tsp lavender buds
- ½ cup milk of choice
- ½ tsp vanilla extract, or 1/8 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 1 tsp honey optional for sweetness
- BREW/DRIP: Make a fresh cup of coffee. ESPRESSO: Make either a single or a double shot of espresso.
- In a metal frother steamer cup, add the milk of choice, lavender, ½ tsp vanilla extract or ¼ vanilla bean powder, and honey.
- Froth the milk mixture for 1 to 2 minutes until it thickens to a nice, warm froth. Let the froth sit for a minute to ensure the lavender releases its perfume. Avoid letting it steep too long otherwise, the lavender will turn the froth bitter.
- Over a small strainer to catch the lavender buds, pour the frothed milk. Top it off with the leftover foam and a few lavender buds.