Pumpkin Streusel Muffins
- Muffin pans
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring cups and spoons
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces ½ stick of butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp whole wheat flour
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¾ cup almonds, slivers or roughly chopped
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger, ground
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp allspice, ground
- ¼ tsp nutmeg, ground or graded
- ⅛ tsp cloves, ground
- 2 eggs, large room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup/can pumpkin purée
- ½ cup virgin coconut oil, pourable
- Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk the dry ingredients: all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, salt, allspice, nutmeg, and cloves in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk eggs, pumpkin, brown sugar, and oil in another large bowl until smooth. A hand mixer could also be used.
- Mix in dry the ingredients and the wet until incorporated.
- Divide the batter into the non-stick muffin pan using ice cream scoop, with muffin liners. Alternatively grease the muffin tin in lieu of lining. Top the muffins with the prepared streusel evenly.
- Bake muffins until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, 25–30 minutes. Let it cool for 15 minutes before serving. Eat with some whipped honey butter or on its own! Enjoy