Tostadas con Tomate
- Cheese grater
- 2 thick slices bread rustic loaf
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 roma tomatoes
- kosher salt
- Over medium heat, place a non-stick skillet to heat up. Drizzle olive oil on both sides of the bread slices. We're basically making buttery croutons.
- Toast slices on each side until golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the Roma tomatoes in half, and grate them over a medium bowl. This juices up the tomato a bit.
- Remove the toasts from the skillet once toasted, and rub a garlic clove on the warm toasts. Alternatively, if you don't have a grater, rub the tomatoes on the warm bread to get the juices out onto the bread.
- Season with a pinch of salt, and eat along with jamón serrano, prosciutto, and/or manchego cheese. Eat immediately!