Adding milk is an ingenious way to consume afternoon tea! For years, the British influence of adding milk never sounded appealing or appetizing. All changed during my summer abroad in India where I was not just introduced to milk additions, but spices!
Chai tea is widely known in India and Pakistan. Creamy with a spicey kick, it satisfies any afternoon drink pick-up. Either serve warm or over ice for the ultimate Chai! Enjoy!
- 2 tbsp Black tea equivalence of 2 tea bags
- 1-2 cups Milk of Choice
- 1 tbsp Honey optional if desire some sweetness!
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Allspice
- ¼ tsp Cardamon
- ¼ tsp Ginger, ground
- ¼ tsp Clove, ground
- ⅛ tsp Ground Nutmeg
- In a saucepan, frother, or steamer pitcher, pour your milk of choice. Froth or heat up over the stove on medium-high heat. Once heated and froth, add a black tea bag and let it steep for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the tea bag after 2-3 minutes, and add the honey and the chai spices. Either mix well with an electric frother.
- Pour into a mug, sprinkle with some cinnamon, and serve hot. If preferred cold, pour over ice and mix well with a straw.