I’m a coffee girl through and through, and sometimes just drinking a glass of water upon waking up just doesn’t cut it. I get it– after sleeping for many hours, one’s body and vital organs need hydration. Well, I have just the thing that will give you the much-needed hydrating wake-up drink!
Not having the time to use a juicer in the morning, this is a throw-in-and-enjoy type of tonic. The best part is that it’s done in less than two minutes. The natural benefits of this drink work wonder, and the ginger adds that wake-up punch we all need.
Even when it’s not pineapple season, grocery stores sell frozen pineapples in the freezer section near other frozen fruits. I personally prefer frozen pineapples, not just for its convenience, but for the way it makes the drink super cold. Start your day on the right foot with this piña of dreams! Cheers!
- Blender or Ninja Blender
- Strainer (optional)
- 1 cup Cucumbers, chopped into chunks
- ½ Pineapple frozen chunks
- 2-3 inch Ginger, skin removed
- 1 Juice of one lemon
- 1-2 cups Coconut Water (or filtered water)
- Prepare all of the ingredients. Cut the ginger and remove its skin. No need to peel the cucumber.
- Cut a lemon in half, and squeeze its juice into a blender along with the cucumber, pineapple, and ginger. If using non-frozen pineapple, add a few ice cubes.
- Pour the coconut water into the blender. Filtered water could work as well.
- Blend well on high.
- Either drink on its own or pour over ice. Enjoy first thing in the morning to detox and wake up your insides before reaching for the cup of coffee!