Filling up on buttery topped pumpkin muffins makes any fall day a good one! Whether it’s for breakfast on the go or a cheeky treat with hot tea, this muffin encapsulates all of the yummy flavors of fall!
Pumpkin Streusel Muffins
- ¼ cup Unsalted Butter, cut into pieces ½ stick of butter
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar, packed
- 2 tbsp All-purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp Whole Wheat Flour
- ½ tsp Kosher Salt
- ¾ cup Almonds, slivers or roughly chopped
- 1 ¼ cup All-purpose Flour
- ½ cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ginger, ground
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- ¼ tsp Allspice, ground
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg, ground or graded
- ⅛ tsp Cloves, ground
- 2 Eggs, large room temperature
- 1 cup Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 cup/can Pumpkin Puree
- ½ cup Virgin Coconut Oil, pourable
- Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk the dry ingredients: all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, salt, allspice, nutmeg, and cloves in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk eggs, pumpkin, brown sugar, and oil in another large bowl until smooth. A hand mixer could also be used.
- Mix in dry the ingredients and the wet until incorporated.
- Divide the batter into the non-stick muffin pan using ice cream scoop, with muffin liners. Alternatively grease the muffin tin in lieu of lining. Top the muffins with the prepared streusel evenly.
- Bake muffins until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, 25–30 minutes. Let it cool for 15 minutes before serving. Eat with some whipped honey butter or on its own! Enjoy