Detoxing does the body good, and this drink does and tastes good. Hot yoga, also referred to as Bikram yoga, strengthens, lengthens, and detoxifies through its various positions in very humid and warm environments. When packed in a studio room with 30 plus bodies along with a heat index of 110°, you find yourself in a swamp of your own (and perhaps others) sweat. Not pleasing at all, but the stretches and the post-workout drink is oh so satisfying.
After such extraneous strains placed upon your body, give it a quench of Watermelon Blossom. Along with it’s pairing tropical fruits and lemon, orange blossom is a fragrant, distilled essence from the bitter blossoms of the orange tree. A little goes a long way, and it’s commonly found in the international section of the grocery store. The orange blossom is perhaps the most interesting flavor in this mouth quenching juice. If unfamiliar with the taste, you’ll instantly fall in love!
Want to explore ways to live a wholesome life, check out THIS POST! You’ll receive tips on what items to buy organic, and the overall rule-of-thumb to live and eat wholesomely.
- 1 med-lg Watermelon peeled
- 1 Pineapple peeled
- 1 Lemon peeled
- 8-10 Mint leaves
- 2 tbsp Blossom water
- 2 cups Coconut water
- Prep all of the ingredients by discarding the skin from the watermelon, pineapple, and lemon, and cut into slices if plan to use a juicer, and cubes if using a blender. NOTE ON SIZE OF WATERMELON: If using the entire fruit, you'll have around 3 to 4 liters of juice.
- In a juicer, add the watermelon, pineapple, and lemon pieces. Then add the mint leaves, and flush the juicer with 2 cups of coconut water. NOTE ON SINGLE AMOUNT: If making a single serving, use 1 cup of sliced/chopped watermelons and pineapples.IF USING A BLENDER: Blend the watermelon, pineapple, mint, lemon and coconut water well. Strain the juice into a bowl, and add the orange blossom, and mix well.
- Fill a large pitcher, mason jar, or carafe with the juice. Add 2 tablespoons of orange blossom water into one liter of juice. If you made a huge batch, just add a tablespoon to each liter. Stir well. For a single serving, about 2 cups, add the 1 ½ tsp of orange blossom.
- Refrigerate up to 5 days, or freeze for up to a month. This drink is my go-to post-workout drink! I feel as though it's giving me a final rinse for my insides. Super refreshing, and difficult to have just one glass full. The juice will separate, so shake or stir well before consuming! BENEFITS FOR: Post workouts, running, and hot yoga.