Crispy Smashed Sweet Potatoes with Chimichurri
- 2-3 Sweet potatoes
- Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- Olive oil
- 1 bunch Cilantro
- 1 bunch Long-leaf parsley
- 5 sprigs Mint
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 Jalapeño deseeded
- 1 tsp Red pepper flakes
- 6 Chives, and more for topping
- 2 Limes zest & juice
- 2 tbsp White or Red Wine Vinegar
- ½-1 cup Olive oil
- Kosher Salt
- Crack black pepper
- 1 cup Ricotta
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar
- Preheat to 450°, and use the middle rack. Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Add 1 cup of salt, and bring it to a boil. Immediately reduce heat to medium-low, bringing it down to a simmer, and cook until potatoes are just cooked through and pierced easily with a fork, about 15 minutes. (time will vary depending on the size of the potatoes; be careful not to overcook as they’ll fall apart when smashed). Drain and return the potatoes back to the pot to cool and dry out. Dryness will insure crispy potatoes!
- Place another rimmed baking sheet on top, then push down firmly to smash the potatoes (alternately, use the bottom of a mug or measuring cup to smash each one individually). Drizzle ⅓ cup of olive oil over potatoes, then toss to coat; season well with salt and black pepper. Roast potatoes until crispy and golden brown, 35–40 minutes.
- Remove the crispy smashed potatoes from the oven, and combine 2 tbsp of brown sugar with 1 tsp of smoked paprika, and sprinkle generously on top of each smashed potatoes.
- While the warm potatoes melt the brown sugar, in a food processor, whipped the ricotta for 1 minute until nice and smooth.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, remove the stems and add the cilantro, parsley, and mint. Add the cloves of garlic (no need to chop, just directly add them), chives, red pepper flakes, and vinegar. I used white wine vinegar, but red could work as well!
- Zest and juice two limes directly into the food processor. Cut the jalapeño in half, discard the seeds, and add to the mix. Lastly, season with ½ tsp of salt and pepper.
- Turn the food processor on, and slowly drizzle the olive oil until everything is mixed well. Check for seasoning. If too thick, add more olive oil. You will create the most beautiful green sauce in under a minute!
- Smothered a platter with the whipped ricotta, and layer each crispy potatoes on top. Dollop the chimichurri on top, and sprinkle a little of coarse salt on top. Serve, and enjoy!