The prized Spanish tradition of Tostadas con Tomate doesn’t sound like a particularly fancy breakfast, but boy is it deliciously simple and memorable! The ingredients are key, so using rustic bread, good olive oil, and plum tomatoes makes this breakfast lingering in your mind for days. Serve with a cup of coffee or fresh orange juice, some jamón, and manchego cheese– you’ll instantly feel you’re in Spain!
Tostadas con Tomate
- 2 thick slices Bread rustic loaf
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Garlic clove
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- Kosher Salt
- Over medium heat, place a non-stick skillet to heat up. Drizzle olive oil on both sides of the bread slices. We're basically making buttery croutons.
- Toast slices on each side until golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the Roma tomatoes in half, and grate them over a medium bowl. This juices up the tomato a bit.
- Remove the toasts from the skillet once toasted, and rub a garlic clove on the warm toasts. Alternatively, if you don't have a grater, rub the tomatoes on the warm bread to get the juices out onto the bread.
- Season with a pinch of salt, and eat along with jamón serrano, prosciutto, and/or manchego cheese. Eat immediately!