Chocolate and espresso go hand-in-hand in any drink or dessert. They compliment each other, quenching anyone’s chocolate obsessions. Fudge brownies just so happen to be the chocolate dessert of all the chocolate dessert. It comes to mind when I instantly think CHOCOLATE!
These Espresso Fudge Brownies are not super sweet at all. And that’s done on purpose. I want to basically eat fudge, and I think you do too! Serve warm with ice cream, or munch on them for breakfast- no one is judging! Enjoy!
Espresso Fudge Brownies
- 1 cup All-purpose Flour
- 1 cup Cocoa Powder
- ½ tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Espresso Powder
- 4 Eggs
- 2 ¼ cups Sugar
- 2 sticks Butter melted
- 1 Single-shot of espresso (or ¼ cup of espresso)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 12 oz Chocolate chips semisweet
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare a greased 9×13 baking dish. Press a piece of parchment paper (large enough so it overhangs the dish) into the baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, cocoa powder, salt, and espresso powder. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk the eggs until smooth. Aggressively whisk in the sugar until incorporated. Next, add the melted butter, espresso, and vanilla extract. Mix until incorporated.
- Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Lastly, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 30-35 minutes until set and cooked through. Let cool for 30 minutes. Gently use the parchment paper to lift the brownies out of the dish. Cut the brownies into 12 squares, and enjoy!