Declaring how much I enjoy hosting friends and family over is nothing new under the sun. The idea of people gathering around with a glass of wine in hand, while discussing funny stories and keeping everyone updated with the latest celebrity events is a grand ole time.
Rather than standing in front of a hot stove, while missing out on all of the juicy talks, I like to be front and center with everything already prepared. Before you come at me with questions and concerns about serving cold food, note that I leave those steaming, hot plates for date nights or with less than 2 friends. For large gatherings, my go-to’s are charcuterie and grain bowls!
These grain bowls were a huge hit, and did I mention their elegance! Prepare all of your favorite fixings into serving bowls, along with a simple dressing of balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
On another note, grain bowls are perfect for people with various food preferences and allergies. Moreover, they enjoyed making their own, creative bowls as if they were Gordan Ramsey!
For the protein, chicken, tofu, shrimp… really any main source of protein will do. For a little extra something, I served a heaping spread of hummus just in case there were not enough fixings.
Grain bowls are the answer to your meal prep, an easy dinner, or for a crowd. Pairing with wine will take it to the next level. Winc has been a HUGE game changer when it comes to wine. Winc produces a diverse selection of consumer-led wines that are ahead of the trends and loved by all. Get $25 off your first order plus free shipping!
- Cooked Chicken breast or thighs, sliced
- Tofu, seared or baked
- Ground turkey
- Legumes, canned & rinsed
- Steak, slices
- Quinoa, cooked
- Cucumbers, sliced
- Carrots shredded
- Mint leaves
- Red onion, sliced
- Green onions, chopped
- Basil leaves
- Sugar Snap Peas
- Jalapeños, thinly sliced
Dairy & Other Toppings
- Feta, crumble
- Nuts (peanuts, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, etc)
- Olive Oil + Balsamic
- Dried fruit
- Cook the chicken, steak, fish, ground turkey, or tofu with some olive oil until cooked through. I like to season with smoked paprika, salt, pepper, lemon zest, and olive oil.
- Prep all of your veggies and set them aside. If making hummus, here is an amazing, vegan, and simple recipe!
- Using a grain bowl, assemble your favorites in any order. Meal prep for lunches or an easy healthy weeknight dinner.
- In a glass bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar, a pinch of salt, and fresh cracked pepper. While mixing vigorously, drizzle about ¼ of good olive oil.