“The Mackinaw peaches, Jerry. The Mackinaw peaches! Jerry!” Even Kramer is mad about peaches! Stating the obvious sweet reason, peach season tends to fill our summer ends and fall beginnings with juicy delight. There are endless peach recipes and cocktails, and this boozy spread will instantly become your favorite peach recipe.
Easy to make with such little time, you’ll instantly achieve a jar of goodness without the added nonsense. When scoping peach butter in the grocery stores, I was amazed at the amount of sugar and preservatives. So this recipe adds a little bit of sweetness, but nothing overpowering that puts space between you and peach flavors.
Cinnamon, Vanilla, and Bourbon awaken these peaches. The added element of acidity comes from the lemon. It not only adds acid, but it brightens the spread up a bit. This is EXACTLY why your mouth is going to do a happy dance once you try this spread.
Served savory or sweet, I’ve used this butter in other recipes that you will equally love:
Peach Chicken Skewers with Bourbon Sauce
Peach Bourbon Butter
- 6 Peaches, skin removed & chopped
- 1 tsp Cinnamon sticks or powder if sticks are not available
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Vanilla bean, or ¼ tsp Vanilla bean powder
- ¼ cup Bourbon
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- To remove the skin, simply guide the knife along the peach to score the skin, boil for 2 minutes, immerse into an ice bath, and the skin will easily come off. Cut the peaches into cubes.
- Strain the puree mixture through a fine mesh strainer, stirring. This will make it even smoother.
- Over medium heat, return the puree, and cook until it thickens, around 6-8 minutes, while stirring. If using an Instapot, set it to sauté until it thickens.
- Once it thickens, let it cool for 30 minutes before pouring into a mason jar. To clean the mason jars, I like using the dishwasher since it sanitizes over high heat. Let it cool for at least 1 hour before putting the lid on. Refrigerate for up to 2 weeks. Smother it over toast, pancakes, peanut butter sandwiches... there are endless possibilities! Enjoy!