What you’re looking for is not out there. It is in you.
In today’s world of go-go-go, it’s essential to develop a love for yourself and create a healthy balance in your life. Loving yourself is the key to living your best life and reaching your goals.
Self-care isn’t selfish. It not only provides rest, but you’re intentionally taking care of the one person you were created to for- YOU! With self-care, you’re providing the necessary tools to not only love yourself but also focus on intentionality where you feel empowered to serve others. It’s amazing how taking care of yourself allows you to give more to others. Furthermore, you will be more patient and kind towards others. Peace within can also bring peace to the world.
Choose to give your body all the love it deserves whether it’s through working out, walking, running a hot bath, getting your nails done, sitting in silence, booking a massage, or closing your eyes with a facial mask- or a combination of it all. Give it to yourself.
Whether you want to learn about the pillars of self-care, revamp your mindset, or set goals, embracing self-care and self-love can help you look and feel your best from the inside out. Tune in to the latest episode on the Really Personal Podcast to learn why self-care and self-love are the new sexy with a fellow friend (and her hubby) and teacher.
Discovering the true power of self-care & self-love is definitely the new sexy!
7 Pillars of Self-Care
#1: Mental Self-Care
Mental self-care is about cultivating a healthy mindset through mindfulness and curiosity.
#2: Emotional Self-Care
Emotional self-care involves taking care of your heart with healthy coping strategies.
#3: Physical Self-Care
Physical self-care involves taking care of your body with exercise, nutrition, and proper sleep.
#4: Environmental Self-Care
Environmental self-care involves taking care of the spaces and places around you.
#5: Spiritual Self-Care
Spiritual self-care involves activities or practices that give a sense of meaning to your life.
#6: Recreation Self-Care
Recreation self-care involves making time for hobbies, fun activities, and new experiences.
#7: Social Self-Care
Social self-care involves building relationships with regular connections and healthy boundaries.
Bestow the 5 Love Languages to Yourself
#1: Physical Touch
- Cultivate a beautiful skincare routine that makes you feel taken care of and relaxed.
- Draw yourself a hot, bubbly bath.
- Dry brush your skin.
- Give yourself a scalp massage followed by a hair serum.
- Schedule and adhere to hair and nail appointments.
- Exfoliate your skin with a body scrub in the shower.
- Self-massage and lather body oils to moisturize your skin after a shower.
- Do some yoga or gentle stretching
#2: Quality Time
- Schedule a date night with yourself.
- Go to a cafe to read a book and people-watch.
- Explore nature by going on a walk or exploring an arboretum.
- Read a book or watch a docuseries on TV.
- Talk kindly with yourself.
- Wake up early to spend time alone before starting your day.
- Journal, and get honest with yourself and what you need to hear.
#3: Acts of Service
- Check something off your to-do list.
- Do something your future self will thank you for.
- Declutter or clean your living or workspace.
- Cook yourself a nourishing meal.
- Donate to a cause you believe in.
- Volunteer or assist an elderly neighbor.
- Set monthly goals to work towards.
#4: Receiving Gifts
- Buy yourself flowers on your next Trader Joe’s run.
- Enroll in a new class or course.
- Start a DIY project at home.
- Splurge on something you’ve been wanting to get.
- Order take-out.
- Invest in your business or hobbies.
#5: Words of Affirmation
- Start a gratitude journal.
- Write notes for yourself and stick them around your space.
- Use affirmations towards yourself.
- Try a mantra or self-love meditation
- Set reminders on your phone with affirmations or self-care check-ins.
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment