Have you hopped onto the wardrobe capsule bandwagon yet? This notion not only saves you money, but it will completely transform your personal styles for any occasion.
Though the spring weather kicks up our allergies, the warmer weather calls for a cooler and fresh look. It’s incredible how nudes, blues, whites, and blacks can instantly expand your wardrobe. Winter and summer items can also be utilized as layering is key, and often, necessary.
Not all of us have the luxury of constantly rebuilding our closets, especially at the junction of a season change. A wardrobe capsule doesn’t involve filling your drawers with the hottest trends that come and go quickly. Rather our closets hold timeless, selective, and durable pieces that are versatile and interchangeable, adapting to the seasons.
Before you freak out thinking you need to donate all of your clothes or re-wear the same outfits, hear me out first! By having, for example, 24 pieces (not including earrings) in your wardrobe capsule, these staple styles will create at least 40 to 50 outfits (probably more!). All it takes is a bit of creative mixing of a few essentials to give that fresh yet warm look!
TIPS FOR CREATING A SPRING WARDROBE CAPSULE
01. Pick Color Themes. The key to an exceptional wardrobe capsule is selecting items that will work well together in a variety of ways, so choosing color and pattern themes will help assemble complementary outfits. Personally, I go for whites, beiges, reds, browns, and blacks because it screams winter. Plus throwing in a black kinda spices things up and goes with anything and everything.
02. Consider the Weather. Depending on where you live, the weather can often put a damper while styling. It’s the balance of cool, style, and comfort. If it’s a warmer climate, then layering is essential. Always prepare for rain, wind and lots of walking.
03. Accessorize! Jewelry, headbands, scarves, belts, sunglasses, and hats are my absolute favorite tricks to jazz up any outfit. It’s amazing what dangling earing and headbands can do to your outfit! Don’t worry, I have much more spring favorite accessories.
In summation, a spring capsule is at your fingertip. Below is a stylishly cool spring capsule, mixed with light and fresh colors that I absolutely love. For us visual learners, the items are arranged as possible outfits. Let’s hit it!
OH, JUST ONE MORE THING…
Please note: This post contains affiliate links to products I use, trust, and recommend. If you choose to purchase a helpful product using these links, I may receive a small commission for referring you– I was going to recommend them anyway, so I may as well get paid for it!
SHOP MY SPRING WARDROBE CAPSULE
- Cotton Seamless Fabric Tank Bodysuit
- Curve Love High Rise 4 Inch Mom Shorts
- Birkenstock Women’s Arizona Eva Sandal
- Oversized Poplin Button-Up Shirt
- Braided Headband
- Waffled Jersey Dress
- Straw Hat
- Flat Geometric Gold Earrings
- Soludos Maya Sandal
- Calvin Klein Women’s Reyna Backpack
- Tie-belt Jumpsuit
- Eyelet Embroidery Beach Kaftan
- Scalloped one-piece swimsuit
- Dolce Vita Stacey Plush Braided Sandals
- Raffia fan earrings
- AE Stretch Mom Jeans
- V-neck Linen Jersey T-shirt
- Short Sleeve Breton T-Shirt
- Boho Flowy Puff Sleeve Off The Shoulder Midi Dress
- Triple-strand Necklace
- Knot-detail Waist Belt
- Canvas peep-toe wedge espadrille sandals
- High-rise girlfriend chino pant
- One-shoulder Bodysuit
- Scalloped cami top
- Diana Slingback Pointed Toe Flat
- Nylon Sports Shorts
- Gola Grand Slam Trident Sneakers
- Love Tank Top
FRESH OUTFITS TO LOVE