You have may have noticed that I have an assortment of coffee recipes on the blog, and just like children, I love ’em all! There are certain times, though, when one in particular just grabs my attention. Iced coffee is especially wonderful to have on warm afternoons. Vietnamese Iced Coffee is my go-to order when it’s a warm afternoon in Houston.
Making a one-of-a-kind brew is just an espresso machine away. Sitting on the fence for too long, I took the plunge and I’ve never looked back with regret. Friends and family members come over always asking for a cappuccino or one of my signature lattes. What a way to bring loved ones together! I saved up for my lovely espresso machine, and it has definitely paid for itself.
Having trouble figuring out which one works best for you? Explore these espresso machines and see the comparisons between automatic and manual espresso machines. There are various espresso machines, and knowing what fits your lifestyle and wallet will be rewarding.
Once you have your machine, making Iced Vietnamese Coffee at home will be utterly amazing and on a weekly rotation. Simply mix ice with espresso shots or brewed coffee, and add the sweetened condensed milk. I like sprinkling some cacao, cinnamon could work too. A simply divine and ingenious way to enjoy an iced coffee. Cheers!
Vietnamese Iced Coffee
- 1 Single or Double Shot of Espresso or a cup of coffee
- 2 tbsp Sweetened Condensed Milk
- ½ tsp Cocao powder
- BREW/DRIP: Make a fresh cup of coffee. ESPRESSO: Make either a single or a double shot of espresso. NOTE COFFEE BEANS: Freshly ground beans is key to the best brew. Coffee subscriptions are awesome to fit your palette, and provide the freshest beans to a variety of different flavors and roasters in the US!
- Fill a tall glass or mason jar with ice cubes.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the ice, and then the coffee or the espresso shots.
- STIRRING OPTIONS: 1) Stir with a metal straw. 2) If using a mason jar, place the lid tightly and shake well. 3) Use an electric frother to mix well.
- Once mixed, sprinkle some cacao powder on top. This is completely optional, but I love it!