Have you hopped onto the wardrobe capsule bandwagon yet? This notion not only saves you money, but it will completely transform your personal styles for any occasion.
The bitter winter often leads to oversized sweaters and heavy-duty coats. While those can provide more than just warmth and style, pairing with other outfits can instantly give the impression of an elaborate wardrobe. Spring and summer items can also be utilized as layering is key, and often, necessary.
Not all of us have the luxury of constantly rebuilding our closets, especially at the junction of a season change. A wardrobe capsule doesn’t involve filling your drawers with the hottest trends that come and go quickly. Rather our closets hold timeless, selective, and durable pieces that are versatile and interchangeable, adapting to the seasons.
Before you freak out thinking you need to donate all of your clothes or re-wear the same outfits, hear me out first! By having, for example, 24 pieces (not including earrings) in your wardrobe capsule, these staple styles will create at least 40 to 50 outfits (probably more!). All it takes is a bit of creative mixing of a few essentials to give that fresh yet warm look!
TIPS FOR CREATING A WINTER WARDROBE CAPSULE
01. Pick Color Themes. The key to an exceptional wardrobe capsule is selecting items that will work well together in a variety of ways, so choosing color and pattern themes will help assemble complementary outfits. Personally, I go for whites, beiges, reds, browns, and blacks because it screams winter. Plus throwing in a black kinda spices things up and goes with anything and everything.
02. Consider the Weather. Depending on where you live, the weather can often put a damper while styling. It’s the balance of warmth, style, and comfort. If it’s a warmer climate, then layering is essential. Always prepare for rain, snow, wind and lots of walking.
03. Accessorize! Jewelry, headbands, scarves, belts, sunglasses, and hats are my absolute favorite tricks to jazz up any outfit. It’s amazing what dangling earing and headbands can do to your outfit! Don’t worry, I have much more winter favorite accessories.
In summation, a winter capsule is at your fingertip. Below is a stylishly warm winter capsule, mixed with light and wintery colors that I absolutely love. For us visual learners, the items are arranged as possible outfits. Let’s hit it!
OH, JUST ONE MORE THING…
Please note: This post contains affiliate links to products I use, trust, and recommend. If you choose to purchase a helpful product using these links, I may receive a small commission for referring you– I was going to recommend them anyway, so I may as well get paid for it!
SHOP MY WINTER WARDROBE CAPSULE
- 9″ High-rise Skinny Jeans in Signature Stretch
- Ribbed Open-Front Long Sweater
- Thong Bodysuit
- Low Heel Mule
- Rounded Shaky Drop Earrings
- Double Layered Paperclip Necklace
- Rib-knit Cardigan
- Utility Pocket Midi Shirtdress
- Knot-detail Waist Belt
- Flat Geometric Gold Earrings
- Ankle Pointed Boots
- Jersey Joggers
- NY Baseball Hat
- Veja Sneakers
- Shiny Pleated Midi Skirt
- Scoop Neck Bodysuit Black
- Gold 3-Pack Necklace
- Tie-Waist Sweater Dress
- Bar U-Shape Earings
- Black Ankle Boots
- Mini Dome Backpack Purse
- Long Puffer Coat
- Tie-Belt Coat
- Cable-knit Sweater
- Slim Mom High Ankle Jeans
- Super High Rise Workout Leggings
- Sport Bra, Full Support
- Crop Sweatshirt
- Veja Rio Branco Sneakers
- Beaded Drop Pear Earrings
- Mélange Super Soft Scarf
- Cozy Oversized Turtleneck Sweater
- Wide-cut Pants
- Curve Love Vegan Leather 90s Straight Pants
FRESH OUTFITS TO LOVE