Happy Hours are my favorite ways to hang out with friends while not breaking the bank! The deals on cocktails and small plates, along with the great company, can’t be beaten. There are times, however, when I just want a cold and refreshing cocktail served in a glass bottle while at home or by the pool.
Completely versatile in flavors, ranchwater is the next big cocktail for us folks who prefer cocktails served in a glass bottle. Grapefruit just so happens to be my favorite, but I’ve also enjoyed it only with lime, watermelon, or even, brace yourselves, peach puree!
Best served when all of the ingredients, including the tequila, are nice and cold. Serve along some great smallish plates to make a well-deserved happy hour at home. Cheers!
- Bottle opener
- Citrus juicer
- 1 bottle Topo Chico
- ½ cup Grapefruit juice
- ¼ cup Lime juice (juice of two limes), lime slice
- 1 shot Tequila
- 1 tbsp Tajin
- Open a bottle of Topo Chico and dump about ½ cup worth of water into a glass. Save it for later when you want a refill! NOTE: keep all the lime, tequila, grapefruit, and Topo Chico cold before mixing for the best results!
- Using a citrus juicer, juice two limes. Reserve a slice or two for your cocktail.
- Pour the lime juice and grapefruit juice directly into Topo Chico bottle.
- Eyeball or use a shot glass to add the tequila. I prefer white tequila than mezcal.
- Using a reserved lime slice, rup the rim and next with it, and add the tajin (about a tablespoon) to adhear to the bottle.
- Add a lime slice and serve while still cold!
I’m in the mood for…
Quick vegetarian meals are often my favorite weeknight treat. The simplicity of the meal makes you not only feel good but also decadent. Anything in a puff pastry is magical. Add the components of savory and spicey fillings, and you have yourself a delightful and quick meal. These may also be made as appetizers since […]
Most of us are in love with the movie Fried Green Tomatoes… ever had ’em? It’s definitely a southern delicacy that’s served along a side or as an appetizer, or my favorite, in a salad! If you’re already going to add tomatoes to the salad, why not jazz ’em up a bit! I firmly believe […]