Lemon in pasta is just heavenly! The acidity breaks through the cream, brightening while simultaneously adding more depth. Pasta al Limone is the bougie version of the alfredo sauce. (in Italy they don’t call it alfredo!) The sauce does take a bit of love and patience but believe me, it’s well worth it.
The French Beurre Blanc is just a fancy way of homogenizing the butter in the cream. While keeping the cream at a simmer, gradually adding cold butter creates a silky and beautiful sauce. Add the lemon zest, parmesan, and fresh cracked black pepper, and you’ve instantly created a fancy meal without the hefty price tag. Add some fresh basil on top, and if you’re like me, more parmesan cheese! Enjoy!
Pasta al Limone
- Dutch Oven (or Instant Pot/Crockpot)
- large pot
- 2 Lemons zest & juice
- 12 oz Pasta of choice
- ¾ cup Heavy cream
- 6 tbsp Unsalted butter cold
- ¾ cup Parmigiano Reggiano extras for topping
- 1 Garlic clove
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Cracked Black Pepper
- Basil Optional for topping
- In a large pot, boil water with a 1/2 cup of salt. I know that sounds a lot, but this is the ONLY time to season the pasta. Cook two minutes under directed times (al diente).