Indulging in a sweet midday snack is a must in my book. As long as the snack is slightly sweet while providing a bit of pepper in my steps, I’m one happy teacher. Each bite of these pumpkin coffee bites is scrumptious and energizing. Since they freeze very well, make a large batch, and pack a few for your lunch kit or enjoy with a hot tea as a post-dinner dessert. The kids will love them too!
Pumpkin Coffee Balls
- ½ cup pumpkin pureé
- 1 tbsp espresso coffee
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- ¾ cup coconut flakes, small
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup Hemp Hearts Seeds
- ¼ cup almonds, raw
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, not melted
- pinch Kosher salt
- In a food processor, add the dates, almonds, and dark chocolate chips and pulse until a paste is formed.
- To the paste, add the pumpkin, ¼ of the coconut flakes, Hemp hearts, coconut oil, cinnamon, and almond flour. Give it a few pulses until combined. It will be slightly sticky, but if it's too sticky, add more almond flour.
- Roll out a ball in your hands, about 1 to 2 tablespoons, and roll in the remaining ½ cup of coconut flakes.
- Let them firm up either in the freezer or the refrigerator for 10 to 15 minutes.
- These pumpkin balls will keep in an airtight container for up to a week. Enjoy for breakfast or an afternoon snack!