For all the coffee addicts out there, there’s nothing like homemade lattes infused with lavender and vanilla. The lavender naturally and flagrantly infuse the milk (aka latte) like tea and once mixed with coffee, you’ve instantly turned your home into a barista. This is definitely my latte choice!
Now to the best part: espresso. Perhaps due to my coffee obsession, I love using my favorite coffee subscription, Trade Coffee, you’ll instantly receive the best beans completely tailored to your coffee palettes. Get your first free bag on me!
Lavender Vanilla Latte
- 1 cup strong coffee, single or double espresso shot
- 1 tsp lavender buds
- ½ cup milk of choice
- ½ tsp vanilla extract, or 1/8 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 1 tsp honey optional for sweetness
- BREW/DRIP: Make a fresh cup of coffee. ESPRESSO: Make either a single or a double shot of espresso.
- In a metal frother steamer cup, add the milk of choice, lavender, ½ tsp vanilla extract or ¼ vanilla bean powder, and honey.
- Froth the milk mixture for 1 to 2 minutes until it thickens to a nice, warm froth. Let the froth sit for a minute to ensure the lavender releases its perfume. Avoid letting it steep too long otherwise, the lavender will turn the froth bitter.
- Over a small strainer to catch the lavender buds, pour the frothed milk. Top it off with the leftover foam and a few lavender buds.
Need help finding the right espresso machine?
More signature coffee drinks!
For all the coffee addicts out there, there’s nothing like homemade lattes infused with lavender and vanilla. The lavender naturally and flagrantly infuse the milk (aka latte) like tea and once mixed with coffee, you’ve instantly turned your home into a barista. This is definitely my latte choice! Now to the best part: espresso. Perhaps […]
Vanilla latte is my go-to Starbucks drink. Making the Starbucks run isn’t always feasible, so creating one at home just seemed like the right thing to do. The main ingredient is right in your cupboard: Vanilla Extract! Pour it in the milk, froth it up, and savor that better-than-Starbucks latte with a sprinkle of cinnamon […]
Fall rolls in and there’s nothing more delectable than a warm pumpkin spice latte. Rather than using processed pumpkin syrup, use real pumpkin puree and the natural flavors of maple syrup along with some kick-it-up-a-notch spices. Fall never tasted so good! Now to the best part: espresso. Perhaps due to my coffee obsession, I love […]
Almond liquor not only sweetens, but it adds a subtle nuttiness that transforms any drink or dessert. One bottle of amaretto has a long shelf life, and a little amount goes a long way in flavor. This Amaretto Latte is sweet, and might I add, a whimsical Italian treat to upscale your average lattes at […]
Vegan lattes have become a new favorite of mine to whip up in the mornings. Oat milk stands out with its nutty flavors, and its thickness turns any latte into a creamy concoction. Pair it with condensed coconut milk, which is easily found in any grocery store, for an extra punch of sweetness. The mint […]