For all the coffee addicts out there, there’s nothing like homemade lattes infused with lavender and vanilla. The lavender naturally and flagrantly infuse the milk (aka latte) like tea and once mixed with coffee, you’ve instantly turned your home into a barista. This is definitely my latte choice!
Now to the best part: espresso. Perhaps due to my coffee obsession, I love using my favorite coffee subscription, Trade Coffee, you’ll instantly receive the best beans completely tailored to your coffee palettes. Get your first free bag on me!
Lavender Vanilla Latte
- 1 cup strong coffee, single or double espresso shot
- 1 tsp lavender buds
- ½ cup milk of choice
- ½ tsp vanilla extract, or 1/8 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 1 tsp honey optional for sweetness
- BREW/DRIP: Make a fresh cup of coffee. ESPRESSO: Make either a single or a double shot of espresso.
- In a metal frother steamer cup, add the milk of choice, lavender, ½ tsp vanilla extract or ¼ vanilla bean powder, and honey.
- Froth the milk mixture for 1 to 2 minutes until it thickens to a nice, warm froth. Let the froth sit for a minute to ensure the lavender releases its perfume. Avoid letting it steep too long otherwise, the lavender will turn the froth bitter.
- Over a small strainer to catch the lavender buds, pour the frothed milk. Top it off with the leftover foam and a few lavender buds.